The Haitian hamburger is juicy and tasty. You are about to learn how to make it in a few minutes. Once you eat it, you will not want to eat again these tasteless hamburgers you are accustomed to. You will be hooked. That is how good it is.
This is just for 1 hamburger. The amount of servings can always vary.
Burger, vegetable oil, water, lemon juice, a small bag of Con Azafran by Goya, a small bag of Chiken Bouillon by Goya, Grace season, onion, green pepper, red pepper, thyme powder, hamburger roll.
1. Take the onion, green pepper and red pepper; cut them into very small pieces. The amount of the onion and red and green peppers you are going to put in there depends on your taste.
2. Turn your stove on low.
3. Put your pan on the stove and allow some time for it to be heated.
4. With a teaspoon of vegetable oil, grease the inside of the pan so the burger does not stick when it is in there.
5. Put the burger in the pan and let it stay for 5-10 minutes. If dry, add 2 teaspoons of water. After the 5-10 minutes, flip the burger over.
6. Now you have the tender side up. With a knife, you mark (you do not cut) the burger in small squares so the seasonings you are about to add can deeply penetrate it.
7. Add 4 drops of lemon juice on top of the burger.
8. Open the small bags of Con Azafran and Chicken Bouillon and sprinkle them on top of the meat.
9. Take the Grace Season and spread a little bit of it all over the top of the meat.
10. Sprinkle a very small amount of the thyme powder on the meat.
11. Now is the time to add the onions and green and red peppers.
12. Cover the pan for a good 5 minutes. If you suspect the water is drying, add 2 teaspoons of water. And control the fire. Turn it down a little bit if you have to, if the pan is getting too hot.
13. After the 5 minutes, uncover the pan and flip the burger over so you can take care of the other side.
14. Repeat steps 6 through 13.
15. Toast the hamburger roll in the oven. Well, at least, that is how I like my roll toasted. If you have a toaster, of course, you can use it as well.
You can always spread mayonnaise on the roll and add cheese, lettuce, tomato, pickles and ketchup if you like. It is all up to you.